Agoora is focusing on the management and the transparency of data streams, in and beyond dedicated data-transports (e.g. Apache Kafka) and pushes towards "Data as a Product".
Documentation, Discoverability & Ownership¶
- Multiple transports
- Support for Markdown documentation
- Claim a Data Offer as user or a team as the owner (e.g. claim a Kafka Topic)
- Tag support
- Integration for additional Information and URLs (e.g. Monitoring System), through custom properties and Deep Dive Links
- Basic Metrics
- No need to be the master system - but can be.
- Make things transparent in one place, for details - dive into the specific tools or ask the owner
- No need to be perfect from day 1. Continuous improvements supported.
- See who and what is consuming your data downstreams.
Change Detection & Lifecycle Management¶
Whenever a state changes (like detection of a new consumer, a schema change, ...), we provide hooks to react.
- State change detection
- Actual and target state support for data streams
- Focus on organisational needs by acting upon certain state changes.
- Foundation for Self-Service without building everything from scratch.
- Data profiling and statistics based on data-samples
- Data quality measurements
- Schema inference
- Processing of payload data in profiler agent only (On-Site, next to the transport), no processing in the Cloud needed.
- Automatically generated data quality measurements and data profiles
- Understand what's actually going through a topic
Integration and Automation¶
- Integration into existing ecosystem
- APIs are key. GraphQL for fronting services and gRPC API for entity specific integrations.
- Deep dive tools: context specific custom links on the UI to jump directly into the corresponding tools
- Hook into any kind of event in Agoora through the Hooks API
- Fits nicely into any existing ecosystem. Agoora never pushes you to use Agoora as the master system!
- Support for as many transport you need (e.g. per stage and Kafka cluster)
- Runs data and action critical things next to your data (on-premise, dedicated cloud, ...) or wherever you want
- No action towards your transport by default, but when you are ready for the next level - Agoora is ready too!
- Custom integrations and workflows possible. Hook into any kind of state changes and do whatever brings value to your organisation.
- The default topology mapping might not be enough for you. Integrate architectural information vertically (e.g. by application identifier, domain context or even on a pod level) and put it on the next level.
- Federation, OIDC, SAML
- JWT as base for authentication and authorization
- global authorization enforcement
- Hierarchical resource based authorization enforcement with support for relations.
- Payload (Data Records) are processed next to your data only (e.g. On-Site, On-Prem, *-Cloud)
- Authorization mechanisms can be applied in general, not service specific
- Federation to different IdPs possible